0504 RESEARCH SCIENTIST (F/M/D) AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
The Research Program “Agriculture, Biomass & Decontamination” is looking to strengthen its expertise in “Plasma Agriculture” by recruiting for the location in Greifswald, starting from January 1, 2023, an enthusiastic candidate for the position of a
RESEARCH SCIENTIST (F/M/D)
Fixed term contract for a minimum of 24 months / Full-time appointment (40 hours/week) / Target salary: TV-L E13
Performance-based salary (TV-L)
Retirement Pension Plan
Creative working environment
State-of-the-art technical facilities
Cooperation with science and industry
Networking opportunities at national and international conferences
Opportunities for external training
In-house German course free of charge
Internal laboratory tours
Implementing of own project ideas
Flexible Working Hours and Mobile Working
30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
Online Sports courses ("Moving break")
Lounge with well-equipped kitchen for all employees
YOUR FIELD OF ACTIVITY:
The focus of the research group “plasma agriculture” is the development and investigation of plasma-based approaches to increase germination of seeds, support the growth of crops and enhance their stress resilience. The research is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, plant biologists, environmental scientists and microbiologists. An understanding of underlying processes with respect to plant growth and development is an essential component in this effort, which should eventually support an introduction of the developed methods into agricultural practice. Therefore, the cooperation with practitioners and industry is pursued. Within this framework,
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and implementation of experiments to assess the effects of plasma treatments on plant growth and development;
- Study of metabolic processes in plants by selection and application of pertinent methods;
- Analysis, documentation and presentation of findings and results through scientific publications and conference contributions;
- Active participation in the scientific discourse and the development of research questions;
- Communication with academic and industry partners in different research projects;
- Contribution and initiative in the acquisition of research projects.
- PhD in Agricultural Sciences with specialization in crops (e.g. crop production, agronomy, or related scientific fields)
- Good knowledge of current practices in crop farming (practical farm experience is welcome)
- Good knowledge of laboratory methods for the study of plant development
- Experience in the design and conduct of experiments with respect to plant growth
- Ideally good knowledge of laboratory methods for the study of metabolic processes in plants
- Very good language skills in written and spoken English
- Motivation and aptitude for experimental research.
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy, Environment & Bioeconomy as well as Hygiene & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, copies of academic degrees and letters of reference) giving the keyword „0504 Research Scientist Agricultural Science“- preferably via our online application form – until December 12, 2022.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote the potential of women specifically. Qualified women candidates are explicitly called to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Jürgen Kolb (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any expenses associated with the application or job interview due to budgetary regulations.