0308 DOCTORAL STUDENT (M/F/D) Plasma-assisted CO2-reduction in liquids
The Leibniz Wissenschaftscampus “ComBioCat” is a collaboration of the INP with the Leibniz Institute for Catalysis (LIKAT) in Rostock and the Universities of Rostock and Greifswald in the fields of homo-, hetero-and biocatalysis, engineering, materials chemistry and plasma research. For our team, we are seeking to hire for the location in Greifswald starting from November 1st 2019 a
DOCTORAL STUDENT (M/F/D)
Plasma-assisted CO2-reduction in liquids
The position is initially limited to 3 years / Weekly working time 20 hours / TV-L Ost wage group E13.
The conversion of CO2 into value-added chemicals and fuels is considered a key element for creating a sustainable low-carbon economy. A particularly interesting method is the plasma-chemical reduction of CO2 in liquids in combination with artificial enzymes. Your main task will be the investigation of fundamental aspects of this approach and respective technological developments. In detail, you will:
- Investigate plasma-assisted reduction of CO2 in liquids;
- Develop reliable experimental systems and procedures;
- Carry out chemical, electrical and optical diagnostics of the process;
- Derive and evaluate process parameters;
- Carry out documentation, communication and presentation of results.
- Good or very good university-level qualification (e.g. MSc degree or equivalent) in the fields of physics, chemistry, biochemistry or related fields
- Interest in experimental research
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Structured, committed and self-motivated
- Previous experience with plasmas in liquids, enzyme reactions and/or chromatography (especially HPLC) are welcome
- Payment and social services according to the collective wage agreement of Länder (TVL-Ost) including company pension
- Creative surrounding with technical facilities at the highest level
- Highly motivated team
- Experienced and professional assistance throughout your PhD/doctorate
- In-house training (e.g. project management, scientific writing)
- In-house German Course
- Possibility to take part at national and international conferences
- Extensive measure of qualification for your personal development
- Flexible working hours
- A working environment certified as family-friendly
For further information, you are welcome to contact Dr. Volker Brüser (e-mail: email@example.com).
Unfortunately, the INP cannot refund any application expenses.
What counts is your performance as well as your personality regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Please send your complete application with the common documents (cover letter, CV, references) giving the keyword „0308 Doctoral Student Plasma-assisted CO2-reduction in liquids “ - preferably via our online application form - until October 6th 2019 to the INP, Human Resources Department Mrs Lembke, Felix-Hausdorff-Str. 2, 17489 Greifswald, firstname.lastname@example.org.