0288 POST DOC FOR CAVITY-ENHANCED LASER ABSORPTION SPECTROSCOPY
The department of Plasma Diagnostics is engaged in the development and application of diagnostics for the characterization of plasma-chemical processes and plasma-surface interactions. Within the framework of a 3 year lasting bilateral industrial cooperation - subject to commissioning - we are seeking to hire for the project team and for the location in Greifswald as of May 1st 2019 a
POST DOC for
Cavity-enhanced laser absorption spectroscopy of hydrogen containing plasmas
The position is initially limited to 1 year with the option to be extended over the full contract period / Weekly working time 40 hours / TV-L Ost wage group E13
Your tasks are:
- to detect and quantify molecular radicals in a hydrogen containing plasmas using methods of highly sensitivity laser absorption spectroscopy;
- to carry out detailed studies to elucidate relevant plasma-chemical processes and to identify key species in the plasma;
- to operate independently the plasma reactor system and analysis tools such as XPS and MS.
Furthermore, you will:
- work together with scientists from the institute and the project team of the client;
- communicate regularly project results to the project team at weekly meetings or in the form of experimental reports.
- Experimental physicist or chemist with a completed PhD degree
- Very good knowledge in the field of laser spectroscopy for the sensitive detection of molecules in the gas phase
- Experience with diagnostics based on cavity enhanced spectroscopy
- Experience of diagnostics in the mid-infrared spectral range as well as UV / VUV spectral range
- Highly motivated and with the drive to advance scientific research in the field of plasma diagnostics and plasma chemistry
- High degree of commitment, incentive, self-reliant working, ability to handle stress, team spirit, flexibility, reliability and problem-solving competence
- Confident manner and communicative personality
- Good English skills (spoken and written)
- Experience in writing scientific reports and publications
- Payment and social services according to the collective wage agreement on Länder (TVL-Ost) including company pension
- Creative surrounding with technical facilities at the highest level
- Highly motivated team
- Experienced and professional assistance
- Extensive measure of qualification for your personal development
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to look outside the box, e.g., involvement in other application-oriented projects
- A working environment certified as family-friendly
For further information and inquiries, please contact: Dr. Norbert Lang, email@example.com, 03834-554-452.
Unfortunately, the INP cannot refund any application expenses.
What counts is your performance as well as your personality regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Please send your complete application with the common documents (cover letter, CV, references) giving the keyword „0288 Post Doc Cavity-enhanced laser absorption spectroscopy “ - preferably via our online application form - until 12 April 2019 to the INP, Human Resources Department Mrs Lembke, Felix-Hausdorff-Str. 2, 17489 Greifswald, firstname.lastname@example.org.